Our Lace Bra Kits take the guesswork out of bra building by putting together everything you'll need to make a beautiful bra using your own pattern. If you need a pattern, we have a great selection on our Patterns Page, both paper and downloadable.
Our pink Polka-dot Pinwheel Lace is just too cute! The base of the lace is a non-stretch mesh printed with those darling polka dots. You add cutwork designs to the polka dots, outline them with navy embroidery and then silk screen on top of the embroidery. It's the perfect balance of whimsy and classic style. All the details are best seen when paired with a white background. It coordinates best with Ink or Tea Rose, it's 4 3/4" and has no stretch.
Our Featured Artist Liz H has created the La Bella Coppia Josey Bra with Polka-dot Pinwheel Lace over Tea Rose. The Navy embroidery really pops this way doesn't it? The texture of lace takes on a larger role here. For her bra with Polka-dot Pinwheel Lace over white, Liz used the Blossom Bra by Daydream Patterns. The charming attributes of this lace really stand out and bring a freshness perfect for the season! How will you add Polka-dot Pinwheel Lace to your wardrobe?
Feel fabulous in your matching me-made set, using your leftover lace with one of our undie kits (Microlyra, Stretch Mesh or Microlycra Air). Liz H used the Emerald Erin Thursday Thong for her white undies and Studio Costura's Vera Pantie pattern for the Tea Rose pair.
If you are looking to create a collection of beautifully coordinating undergarments, our Classic Spring Wardrobe Capsule Collection is just for you! We've pulled together an assortment of laces and fabrics in a thoughtfully designed capsule to stimulate your creativity and allow you to get use every last piece in mix and match designs.
This bra kit features either Stretch Silk Satin, Microduoplex, Sheer Cup Lining, Super Simplex, Microlycra or Tricot as the base fabric. One kit contains everything that you need to make a bra and has enough fabric for 2 on many sizes. To get the second bra with larger sizes, upgrade to the half yard of cup fabric and add a bra finishing kit.
A Pink Polka-dot Pinwheel Lace Bra Kit contains:
- A fat quarter of Microduoplex, Sheer Cup Lining, Microlycra, Super Simplex or Tricot or a half yard of Navy Stretch Silk Satin and a fat quarter of Sheer Cup Lining for the silk option - Default cup fabric color is Frost since it's so cute with the lace. You accent color will be for all the other materials. Please leave us notes and we'll make it up just right for you!
- Add an extra kit cut of cup fabric for extra cup fabric
- 28" x 14" of Powernet (specify regular, firm or stabilized firm weight)
- 2 yards of Pink Polka-dot Pinwheel lace
- Band elastics
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" scalloped band elastic
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" or 1/2" scalloped band elastic
- 1 yard of plush channeling
- Twill tape for seam stabilization
- Strap elastic
- 6" plus interfacing for self straps (no rings and slides)
- 1 1/2 yards plus rings and slides for elastic straps
The strength of our microduoplex fabric, which makes it so wonderful for bras, also makes it hard to puncture with needles and pins. This is true with most duoplex fabrics. Use either fine silk pins or Wonder Clips to pin (I find Wonder Clips work best), and a Microtex 80/12 needle with a smooth thread like Superior Threads So Fine or Mettler Metrosene to make it easy to sew. In my testing, the So Fine thread and Microtex 80/12 won the challenge of the nicest stitch on microduoplex, and as long as my presser foot completely covered the seam allowance, I found it just as easy to sew as quilting cotton. I moved the needle to the right to set my seam allowance at 1/4" since my presser foot is a bit wide. I find it works well to saturate the lace with liquid starch and let it dry before laying out your pattern pieces and cutting your fabric. This stiffens the lace until you wash it and the lace has enough body to behave well in the sewing process.
We offer all these pins, clips, needles and thread here on our site.