Several years ago I happened to see a darling bra on Gray's Anatomy, then saw the same bra on Hart of Dixie. It was a black bra with white embroidery on the lace along with white accents. This was the inspiration for December's kit of the month, the Tuxedo Bra!
There are several ways to put together this kit. The Crushed Velvet will cover your cups beautifully, and you can cover your band with the fabric also. The lace can be used as an accent on the cup or band but can not cover the entire cup since it is not a stretch lace. You can have your elastics provide a pop of white on the black or you can let the fabric and lace have the entire show with black elastics. Finally, you can choose your ornament for the center of your "Tuxedo." We have Swarovski crystal bow ties in black and clear, black satin bow ties, red roses and festive red bow with white dots. There is a limited amount of each option, so be sure to indicate your back up preferences.
The seamless foam cup bra kit has everything you need to make the Amanda Alyssa or T-Shirt Bra pattern from Bra Maker's Supply. You can choose regular or firm power net for your band, the size of your hook and eye and the type of straps that you want. Use our regular weight power net for 75% stretch, great comfort, and very good support. Use our firm weight power net for the strongest support with 50% stretch. This is the power net that Bravo Bella carried for much of 2017 and 2018.
A Seamless Foam Cup Bra kit contains:
- A fat quarter of black crushed velvet knit fabric
- A fat quarter of black sheer tricot
- 28" x 14" of matching Powernet (specify regular or firm weight)
- Band elastics
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" scalloped band elastic in Frost or Midnight
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" scalloped band elastic in Frost or Midnight
- 1 yard of plush channeling
- 3 hook and eyes (please specify 2 or 4)
- 1 yard of strap elastic in Frost or Midnight
- 1 pair of underwires
- 1 pair of foam cups