Please note that if any of our bamboo knit kits are showing "sold out", please reach out to us by email and we will see if we can put one together for you! Our Kits take the guesswork out of lingerie building by putting together everything you'll need to make beautiful lingerie using your own pattern. If you need a pattern, we have a great selection on our Patterns Page, both paper and downloadable. The bra shown was sewn by Liz from Liz Sews and is a print which is sold out. She used the Watson pattern from the Cloth Habit.
Please note that we combine the fabric yardages for all your choices (bras, undies, bralettes, men's) into a single piece of fabric to the best of our ability. This gives you the best use of your fabric.
- Winter Songbird - Flame, Wedgewood, Arbor Green, Frost, Dahlia
- Colors of The Wind - Dahlia, Courageous, Champagne, Ariel, French Blue, Twilight, Frost, Midnight
- Make a Wish - Sky, Waterloo, Storm
- Lemons - Canary, Sky, Frost
- Floribunda - Frost, Latte, Whisper, Espresso
- Free Ride - Frost, Twilight, Burnished Copper, Midnight
- Shielded - Burnished Copper, Butterscotch, Evergreen, Twilight, Storm, Midnight
- Lovely Ladies - Lady Gray, Whisper, Poppy, Sunshine, Hydrangea, Aster, Midnight
- Superheroes - Hydrangea
Bamboo jersey is a natural fabric for a bralette. It's soft, fun, easy to wear and breathable. For light coverage and little support you can use the bamboo alone in the cups and line the frame with the Sheer Cup Lining that is in the kit. If you want more support you can use some of the Regular Power Net inside the cups. For even more support and a more substantial feeling, select the option for Spacer Foam. Spacer foam is about 1/16" thick, is lightweight but substantial, breathable, and has a 4-way stretch. It is a different fabric than a cut and sew foam, which is thicker and primarily suitable for a lining only. For support, you would use it like any Lycra fabric, cutting it so that there is a little bit of negative ease. I remove the seam allowances within the cup and butt the seams together. Then I sew them together with a 3-step zigzag, running a piece of tissue paper under the fabric while I sew so that it doesn't creep on me. I keep the seam allowances on the band side and sew it into the band just like I would any other fabric.
For the upper band of your bralette you may choose either 3/8" picot elastic or regular foldover elastic. For the lower band your choices are either 1/2" or 5/8" picot elastic. For reference, the Watson bralette uses picot elastic and the Sweet Sixteen bralette uses foldover elastic. We also include a 1/2" strap and rings and slides, which you can upgrade to 3/4" if you prefer. Your elastic will be dyed to your accent color, and we leave you a blank so that you can write your accent color choice. Hooks and Eyes are dyed to something that makes sense. We tend to use black for prints with a black background, white with the prints with a strong white background and your accent color for the rest. To see the coordinating colors on your fabric, please pop on over the the main listing for the print. If you don't leave us a selection, we'll select for you.
A Bralette Kit contains:
- 1/2 yard Bamboo Jersey print
- A kit cut of Sheer Tricot in Frost or Midnight
- A kit cut of Regular Power Net in Frost or Midnight
- 1-1/2 yards of 3/8" picot elastic or regular foldover elastic
- 1-1/4 yards of 1/2" or 5/8" picot elastic
- 1 1/2 yards 1/2" Strap elastic plus a set of Rings and Slides.
- A set of Hook and Eyes in your color