Silk is the height of luxury in lingerie, and you will love exploring this fabric and all sorts of couture techniques as you sew along with Jennie from Annie and Myra's during the Bra Sewing Bee 2021. She's making this elegant silk bra with her new pattern, the Vivien. You can also just purchase this kit and make the bra of your choice!
The kit features our very own custom silk charmeuse print in a gorgeous floral pattern. You can choose how you make it up but this couture kit includes enough materials for a tulle ruffle, a silk ruffle, or no ruffle at all! If you'd like to make your own Vivien, hop on over to Annie and Myra's to purchase your pattern. Make sure to buy both the cups and the bands. The bands pattern is here.
Each Vivien Sew-Along kit includes:
- 1/2 yard 16mm 100% mulberry silk charmeuse
- A half yard stabilized sheer tricot in Frost
- A kit cut of bra tulle in Cream
- A kit cut of regular weight power net in Cream
- 1-1/4 yards 1/2" (wire size 40 and under) or 5/8" (wire size 42 and up) band elastic in Cream
- 1-1/2 yards 3/8" band elastic in Cream
- 1-1/2 yards 1/2" strap elastic in Cream
- 1 yard plush underwire channeling in Frost
- 1 2-hook and eye (Smaller) or 3-hook and eye (Larger) in Cream
- 1 yard nonpicot elastic in Frost
- 2 Rings and Slides to match strap
- 1 yard silk ribbon in Cream
Jennie recommends also having the following items on hand as you venture with her into the world of couture lingerie sewing. We carry all of these items in the notions section of our store. (Links provided)