Join Liz from "Liz Sews" as she demonstrates how easy it is to adapt your favorite bra pattern to "Make it a Longline". We do love the look of a longline and we also love the practicality. It's design makes it perfect for special occasions and you can wear it under anything for a streamlined look. Liz is using the Shelley pattern from Bra Maker's Supply for this demonstration, but you can use any well fitting bra pattern. If you would like us to include the Shelley Pattern with your kit, or need a spool of So Fine thread to match the kit, just choose those options when ordering.
We are offering two tulle lace options for this kit, the fresh and lovely 7.25" Natural Beauty and the dramatic Greek Keys. If you choose the Natural Beauty option you will receive the Natural Beauty lace and everything under the lace will be in Frost. For your elastics you may choose either Frost or our standard color Tawny. If you choose the Greek Keys option, all fabrics AND all elastics will be in Midnight. Please be aware that your bra will be harder to sew if you choose the Midnight kit as the stitching is much harder to see on darker fabrics.
Each Make It A Longline kit comes with:
- A kit cut (Smaller) or a half yard (Larger) of cup fabric (Sheer Cup Lining or Microduoplex) in Midnight or Frost
- 2 yards (Smaller) or 3 yards (Larger) Natural Beauty or Greek Keys tulle lace
- A kit cut of regular (Smaller) or firm (Larger) power net in Midnight or Frost
- 1-1/4 yards 5/8" band elastic in your accent color
- 1-1/2 yards 3/8" band elastic in your accent color
- 1-1/2 yards 1/2" (smaller) or 3/4" (larger) strap elastic in your accent color
- 1 yard plush channeling in Midnight or Frost
- 7 hook and eye tape in Midnight or Frost
- 18" twill tape
- Rings and Slides to match strap
- A pair of underwires
- A small bee charm