When I was selecting the prints that we would be turning into fabric, I showed a friend this print. She loved it and exclaimed how it was just like something that she had seen on Dolce and Gabanna. She showed that garment to me, and this print became our "haute couture" selection. The fabric itself is quite similar to the Spring print that we carried earlier this year and will be great to sew. This print is exclusive to Bra Builders so you won't find it anyplace else. You can use this print for a bra, a seamless bra, a bralette, a camisole, sleep pants or shorts or panties. You can also pair it with our microlycra for a fun pair of Hollywood Panties! The Shapewear kit from Pamela's Patterns has these princess seamed panties, and you can leave out the power net for a darling vintage pair of panties. To me, this fabric looks best with Midnight, Valentine Pink, Evergreen, Daffodil, Flame and Seafoam.
We are offering this print in both a regular seamed bra kit and a seamless foam cup bra kit. The regular seamed bra kit is supportive and stable, with the cup lined with sheer cup lining. As always, when you pair a stable fabric and a stretch knit on a bra, be sure to cut the knit just a bit smaller, around 3-4%. Since this fabric stretches, you can cover your band with the print also. The bra pictured is made with the Josey pattern and with the sewist's lace.
The seamless foam cup bra kit has everything you need to make the Amanda Alyssa or T-Shirt Bra pattern from Bra Maker's Supply. The seamed cup kit contains everything you need for most bra patterns. You can choose regular or firm power net for your band, the size of your hook and eye and the type of straps that you want. Use our regular weight power net for 75% stretch, great comfort, and very good support. Use our firm weight power net for the strongest support with 50% stretch. This is a softer version of the power net that Bravo Bella carried for much of 2017 and 2018.
A Bra Kit contains:
- Fat quarter of Full Bloom Knit fabric
- 18" x 29" of Midnight Sheer Cup Lining
- 28" x 14" of powernet (specify regular or firm weight) in your choice of color.
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" band elastic
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" band elastic
- 1 yard of plush channeling to match the band
- 18" of Twill tape for seam stabilization
- A hook and eye unit (please specify 2, 3 or 4 hooks)
- A pair of underwires
- Strap elastic
- 6" plus interfacing for self straps
- A yard and a half plus rings and slides for elastic straps
A Seamless Foam Cup Bra kit contains:
- A fat quarter of Full Bloom Knit fabric
- A fat quarter of Sheer Cup Lining to stabilize the front frame.
- 28" x 14" of Powernet (specify regular or firm weight) in your choice of color.
- Band elastics
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" scalloped band elastic
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" scalloped band elastic
- 1 yard of plush channeling
- 3 hook and eyes (please specify 2 or 4)
- 1 yard of strap elastic
- 1 pair of underwires
- 1 pair of foam cups