AS OF 7/26/21, THE PATTERNS CHERRY BLOSSOM and LINE DRAWING ARE OUT OF STOCK.
Sew along with Linda as she demonstrates sewing the supportive and unwired Ingrid bra. This kit features a delightful cotton lycra print and includes all the materials and elastics you'll need. This fabric is lovely and the prints are so cute! We have pictured sets of coordinating prints as well as each single print. The Panty Sew Along Kits are offering these same adorable cotton lycra prints. Why not make yourself a matching or coordinating set? You will love this cotton lycra fabric. It's easy to sew and great when you're making a sports bra or any bra where you need support but don't want underwires. The front closure option is wonderful when you have a hard time getting your arms behind your back.
Linda is using the Ingrid pattern from Bra Maker's Supply for this Sew Along. She has had the most success getting this lovely knit fabric to lay well when she puts a layer of cut and sew foam under the knit on the cups. It doesn't add volume, it just makes the fabric easier to sew without wrinkles. There is an option to add the foam if you prefer, or you can use Sheer Cup Lining alone, which is how the kit comes. There are also 2 additional options. You can have a nice, wide 1 1/4" lower band for a more longline look, and you can add hook and eye tape for a front closure.
If you don't already have an Ingrid pattern, just choose the "add pattern" option and we will include one with your kit. Choose "add thread" and we will throw that in as well!
Each Ingrid Sew-Along kit contains:
- A kit cut (Smaller) or half yard (Larger) of your choice of cotton lycra print. Some of these prints will sell out fast, so we are asking you for a first and second choice.
- A kit cut (Smaller) or half yard (Larger) Stabilized Sheer Tricot in Frost
- 2"x 10" Cut and Sew Foam for the straps
- A kit cut of regular weight Power Net in Frost
- 1-1/4 yards 1/2" (smaller) or 5/8" (larger) plush elastic in Frost
- If you'd like the longline version, opt for the 1 1/4" lower band, which Linda will demonstrate applying
- 1-1/2 yards 3/4" foldover elastic in Frost
- 1-1/2 yards 3/8" band elastic in Frost
- 1 yard 1/2" (smaller) or 3/4" (larger) strap elastic in Frost
- 3 hook and eye unit in Frost
- Optional 9" (Smaller) or 12" (Larger) of single hooks and eyes in Frost for a front closure
- 27" twill tape in Frost
- 2 Rings and Slides in Frost