When you purchase one of our bra kits, we take the guesswork out of bra building by putting everything you'll need together for you to make a beautiful bra using your own pattern. If you would like to purchase a pattern, we have a great selection of patterns on our patterns page for you to choose from, both paper and downloadable.
You may have noticed our bamboo jersey men's underwear kits, "Harley" and "Superheroes". We thought these prints were an obvious choice for the men out there, and didn't anticipate how popular they would be with the ladies! Make a soft, luxurious bamboo jersey bra for yourself in one of these cool prints. No accent color choices here, all of the elastics for Harley will come in Midnight and will come in Hydrangea for Superheroes. Either of these fabrics are a great choice for those of you that are tired of 'another floral' and are ready for something different.
The Superheroes and Harley prints featured in these bra kits are exclusive to Bra Builders. They are printed on soft and luxurious bamboo jersey, a great fabric for lingerie -- antibacterial, breathable, soft, light, airy and altogether yummy. Because the print is a 4-way stretch knit you can cover the band of your bra with the print for an all-over look. Bamboo jersey also has perfect recovery so your bra will stay looking new after many washes. This kit is only offered in the Larger size so that you will be sure to have enough Harley or Superheroes fabric for whatever you choose to create.
The kit will come with your choice of Frost or Midnight materials underneath, with either Frost or Midnight for all the structural elements under the knit. See our Bamboo knit bra kit video for a detailed explanation. Some gals like to use Spacer Foam or Cut and Sew Foam under the cups to add a bit more body to the cup, and you can order a kit cut of spacer in Frost or Midnight for this purpose.
A Bra Kit contains:
- A Half yard of Superheroes or Harley bamboo jersey fabric
- 18" x 29" of Sheer Cup Lining in Frost or Midnight
- 28" x 14" of Powernet (specify regular or firm weight) in Frost or Midnight.
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" band elastic in Midnight or Hydrangea
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" band elastic in Midnight or Hydrangea
- 1 yard of plush channeling in Frost or Midnight
- 18" of Twill tape for seam stabilization
- A hook and eye unit (please specify 2, 3 or 4 hooks) in Midnight
- A pair of underwires
- Strap elastic
- 6" plus interfacing for self straps
- A yard and a half plus rings and slides for elastic straps in Midnight or Hydrangea
Remember to cut your fashion jersey a bit smaller than your more stable fabric. Cut as small as 1/16" for tiny spans and up to 1/4" for larger spans. Saturate your bamboo with starch and let it dry flat, then sew it without needing to wrestle with the softness of the fabric.