The beginning of summer means firecrackers and flags! Have some fun with the wild patriotic print in Patriot 1 or it's more refined partner in Patriot 2. Put them together in a bra and panty kit to really get your sparklers popping! These ITY jersey prints are soft and drapey and work equally well paired up with Sheer Tricot for a bra or on their own for a pair of panties. The kits come standard with Frost elastics and band, but you can specify River or Flame in the item or order notes to bring out the Red or the Blue. Both colors work well with Patriot 1 but are not a match with Patriot 2. Patriot 1 and 2 work very well together.
One bra kit contains everything that you need to make a bra, and has enough fabric for 2 with many sizes. Please note that the price of the kit will change based upon your selections, with bra kits priced from $22, panty kits priced from $10.50 and bra panty kits priced from $32.
Bra Kit contains:
- A fat quarter of ITY jersey fabric
- Patriot 1 is the "Flame stitch" print and Patriot 2 is the bright blue with white dots
- Fat quarter of white Sheer Cup Lining to stabilize the cups
- 28" x 14" of Frost powernet (specify regular or firm weight)
- Band elastics - 3/8" and 5/8" in Frost
- Frost Channeling
- Twill tape for seam stabilization
- 3 hook and eyes
- Strap elastic
- 6" plus interfacing for self straps (no rings and slides)
- 1 1/2 yards plus Frost rings and slides for elastic straps
Bra/Panty Kit contains:
- Fat quarter of both of the print fabrics
- Fat quarter of Frost Sheer Cup Lining
- 28" x 14" of Frost powernet
- Frost Band elastics - 3/8" and 5/8"
- Frost Channeling
- Twill tape
- 3 Hook and eyes
- Strap elastic as above
- 1 yard of 1" Frost stretch lace
- 1.5 yards of 5/8" foldover elastic
- 9" x 9" square of cotton jersey
Remember to cut your fashion jersey a bit smaller than your more stable fabric. Cut as small as 1/16" for tiny spans and up to 1/4" for larger spans. Also, soak the jersey in starch and let it dry flat the day before you cut and sew to give it more body and make it easier to sew. Then wash your garment to remove the starch and it will regain its suppleness.