For those who love a cotton jersey bra but are looking for something lovely instead of a solid, look no further for your bra making venture! We've found a place where we can get high quality cotton jersey printed and are putting it into a bra kit with everything you need to make a beautiful cotton jersey bra. This limited availability print is inspired by Japanese shibori printing, and is understated and elegant. We're offering it accented with Frost (white), and Navy.
Cotton jersey can make a terrific bra, but is a better choice for light to medium support. If you can use tricot for your bra, you can use cotton jersey, and you use it in the same way, with the stretch going in opposite direction between the lining and the outer cup. Run the stretch up and down on the outer cup and across on the lining. I use a size 44/12 wire and am a 36E and I can use cotton jersey. Cotton jersey is very easy to sew and doesn't need any special techniques to sew well. Cotton jersey is also a great choice for panties, especially in hot summer months.
The kit comes standard with white cotton jersey lining and channeling for under the cups. I will match the twill tape and hook and eye color to your band color. If you order self straps you will receive a small piece of white strap elastic to add a bit of flexibility to the strap. If you want an elastic strap, please specify the color. I will provide white rings and slides unless you ask for something else.
A bra kit contains:
- Fat quarter of Shibori cotton jersey print
- Fat quarter of white cotton jersey for lining the cups
- 14" x 28" of power net (default is Navy)
- 3/8" and 5/8" upper and lower band elastic (default is Frost)
- 1 yard of Frost Channeling
- 18" of twill tape
- Set of 3 hooks and eyes
- 6" of strap elastic and interfacing for self strap styles (no rings and slides)
- Strap elastic and rings and slides for elastic strap styles
A panty kit contains:
- Fat 3/8 yard of Shibori cotton jersey print
- 2 1/2 yards of 3/4" foldover elastic
Please note that the price of the kit will change based upon the options you select.