We take the guesswork out of bra building by putting everything you'll need together in one kit to make a beautiful bra or undies using your own pattern. If you would like to purchase a pattern, we have a great selection of patterns on our Patterns Page for you to choose from, both paper and downloadable. The bra shown was sewn by Liz from Liz Sews and is a print which is sold out. She used the Chloe pattern from the Bra Makery.
Please note that we combine the fabric yardages for all your choices (bras, undies, bralettes, men's) into a single piece of fabric to the best of our ability. This gives you the best use of your fabric.
CURRENT PRINTS AND ACCENT COLORS ARE:
- Clover Blossom - Frost, Boysenberry, Fern, Clover
- Hint of Spring - Frost, Frosted Petals, Seafoam
- Floribunda - Frost, Latte, Whisper, Espresso
Stags and Roses - Frost
- Free Ride - Frost, Twilight, Burnished Copper, Midnight
- Shielded - Burnished Copper, Butterscotch, Evergreen, Twilight, Storm, Midnight
- Lovely Ladies - Lady Gray, Whisper, Poppy, Sunshine, Hydrangea, Aster, Midnight
- Daggers - Midnight
- Superheroes - Hydrangea
- Harley - Midnight
The bamboo jersey fabric featured in this bra kit is luxurious, with a 4-way stretch and perfect recovery. Bamboo jersey is a great fabric for lingerie -- antibacterial, breathable, soft, light, airy and altogether yummy. Because the print is a 4-way stretch knit you can cover the band of your bra with the print for an all-over look, and we give you a full half yard of print so that you'll have plenty. We custom-print our fabric, so you won't find these prints anywhere else. You may also want to make a pair of oh-so-soft Bamboo Jersey Panties to match your bra, or you may want to make a pair of boxer briefs for the man in your life. We also offer bralette kits and Combo sets. We know that your needs are unique, so we aim to have a little something for everyone.
The bra kit will come with your choice of Frost or Midnight materials underneath. In a bamboo jersey bra kit, you make a stable under-layer of Sheer Cup Lining and powernet with all the appropriate elastics and findings. You may choose either Frost or Midnight for this "underlayer". If you can see the elastic, it will be dyed to your accent color, and we leave you a blank so that you can write your accent color choice. Hooks and Eyes are dyed to something that makes sense. We tend to use black for prints with a black background, white with the prints with a strong white background and your accent color for the rest. To see the coordinating colors on your fabric, please pop on over the the main listing for the print. If you don't leave us a selection, we'll select for you.
If you order self straps you will receive a small piece of strap elastic to add a bit of flexibility to the strap and no rings and slides. Use this option for the Bravo Bra #2 and for a strapless bra. For an extra charge you can get strap elastic with rings and slides in your accent color, which is the appropriate choice for most patterns. Some gals like to use Spacer Foam under the cups to add a bit more body to the cup, and you can order a kit cut of Spacer in Frost or Midnight for this purpose.
A Bra Kit contains:
- A Half yard of your choice of bamboo jersey fabric
- 18" x 29" of Sheer Cup Lining in Frost or Midnight
- 28" x 14" of powernet (specify regular or firm weight) in Frost or Midnight.
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" band elastic
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" band elastic
- 1 yard of plush channeling in Frost or Midnight
- 18" of Twill tape in Frost or Midnight
- A hook and eye unit (please specify 2, 3 or 4 hooks)
- A pair of underwires
- Strap elastic
- 6" plus interfacing for self straps (no rings and slides, best for Bravo Bra #2 and strapless bras)
- A yard and a half of 1/2" or 3/4" plus rings and slides for elastic straps (best for most bra patterns)
Remember to cut your fashion jersey a bit smaller than your more stable fabric. Cut as small as 1/16" for tiny spans and up to 1/4" for larger spans. Saturate your bamboo with starch and let it dry flat, then sew it without needing to wrestle with the softness of the fabric.