Several years ago I happened to see a darling bra on Gray's Anatomy, then saw the same bra on Hart of Dixie. It was a black bra with white embroidery on the lace along with white accents. This was the inspiration for December's kit of the month, the Tuxedo Bra!
There are several ways to put together this kit. You can choose an elegant and festive base of black crushed velvet, a tailored base of Microduoplex, a sexy base of Sheer Cup Lining or a base of regular tricot. The crushed velvet is a knit, so you can cover your bra band with the same yummy fabric. You can have your elastics provide a pop of white on the black or you can let the fabric and lace have the entire show with black elastics. Finally, you can choose your ornament for the center of your "Tuxedo." We have Swarovski crystal bow ties in black and clear, black satin bow ties, red roses and festive red bow with white dots. There is a limited amount of each option, so be sure to indicate your back up preferences.
One kit contains everything that you need to make a bra, and has enough fabric for 2 with many sizes. Please note that the price of the kit will change based upon the fabrics and straps that you choose.
Bra Kit contains:
- Fat quarter of cup fabric in Midnight
- Specify Crushed Velvet, Microduoplex, Sheer Cup Lining or Tricot
- Crushed Velvet kits include a fat quarter of Sheer Cup Lining for support
- 2 yards of white on black embroidered mesh
- 28" x 14" of powernet (specify regular or firm weight) in Midnight
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" band elastic in Midnight
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" band elastic in Frost
- 1 yard of Midnight plush channeling
- 18" of Twill tape for seam stabilization
- A hook and eye unit (please specify 2, 3 or 4 hooks)
- Strap elastic in Midnight
- 6" plus interfacing for self straps
- A yard and a half plus rings and slides for elastic straps