Our Bra Builder Combo Kits take the guesswork out of bra building by putting together everything you'll need to make a beautiful bra using your own pattern. If you need a pattern, we have a great selection on our Patterns Page, both paper and downloadable.
Here come the holidays! This gorgeous silver crushed velvet has the look of a rich and elegant package wrapping, and there is no better gift that we give to others than our beautiful selves! This stretch crushed velvet is soft and luxurious, and is perfect for this festive time of the year. We are pairing this luxurious Gilded crushed velvet with Frost fabrics underneath for an exquisite bra that you can wear all winter long. Accent your Gilded bra with elastics in our Special/Legacy color, Pewter. Because the silver in our Gilded bra kit would be stunning with so many different colors, we are adding a field for you to customize your bra with elastics in the color of your choice. Liz of Liz Sews used the Ruby pattern from Pin Up Girls to make this lovely sample.
We are offering this elegant silver crushed velvet in a regular seamed bra kit. Lining your cup with our Sheer Cup Lining (Stabilized Sheer Tricot) makes a bra that is supportive and stable. As always, when you pair a stable fabric and a stretch knit on a bra, be sure to cut the knit just a bit smaller, around 3-4%. Since this exquisite fabric stretches, you can cover your band with it also. You can choose regular or firm power net for your band, the size of your hook and eye and the type of straps that you want. Use our regular weight power net for 75% stretch, great comfort, and very good support. Use our firm weight power net for the strongest support with 50% stretch.
A Bra Kit contains:
- 1/2 Yard of Crushed Velvet Knit fabric
- 18" x 29" of Frost Sheer Cup Lining
- 28" x 14" of Frost Powernet (specify regular or firm weight)
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8" band elastic in your accent color
- 1 1/4 yards of 5/8" band elastic in your accent color
- 1 yard of plush channeling
- 18" of Twill tape for seam stabilization (if requested)
- A hook and eye unit (please specify 2, 3 or 4 hooks)
- A pair of underwires
- Strap elastic in your accent color
- 6" plus interfacing for self straps
- A yard and a half plus rings and slides for elastic straps